Yesterday I tried to watch Frozen (I hoped to have a nice evening), but I could get through only about 40 minuts — and then I gave up. I don’t know if I am too old for such movies, but this first fragment is a complete nonsense. Let’s have a closer look.
1. The first scene, when workers cut ice. The picture is nice, the song is nice, but what they are doing for?
2. I suppose the parents of Elsa and Anna to be a king and a queen. They are rich, they live in a big castle, but they have no slaves, no friends, nobody. They have no sense of safety, too. Elsa has some potentially dangerous magical abilities. What’s more, the sisters are about 5-6 years old — and the parents allow them to play completely alone. Would you leave your children without any supervising, if you know one of them carries a bomb with itself, metaphorically speaking? The accident is just a matter of time.
3. The gnome king cures Anna, but why she have to forget about magic?
4. The gnome king also bewares the parents about growing up Elsa’s power, and now the parents are double, triple-thoughtless. “Och, let’s reduce staff and lock Elsa in a room for ever end ever end ever, it’ll teach her to control herself” (the quotation is not exact, but the sense is the same). How a little girl is supposed to be able to understand what to do? The parents don’t think about real teaching Elsa, which would be doubtlessly more effective. Let’s imagine Elsa can not freeze, but fire… They just breed a domesticated tiger who one day bites off their heads.
5. The parents don’t explain the situation to Anna letting her suffer and burdening Elsa with the sister’s suffer. Anna is still allowed to stay without any supervising — it’s a miracle she hasn’t killed herself with a bike!
6. Elsa is running away after the incident in a dance hall. Let’s remember — she is running on two her feet, so she couldn’t get to far. Anna immediately wants to find her and ride on a horse — and as far as I know, she searches Elsa for 1/3 of the whole movie time. WTF?? She could just run after her and so it would be done.
And faces… I have a very strong feeling that guys who make 3D models in Disney have just created a set of such models and use them in every movie (changing just hair/eyes/clothes). Characters look like in Tangled and move in exactly the same way.
Nevertheless, I liked songs (especially the first song and then Anna’s song about a snowman) and all these frozen effects, so the movie isn’t such bad 🙂