1. OK, I might be not right saying that isolation is not the best way of learning :). But Elsa is so powerful and she can do so precious things that I really doubt she couldn’t control herself. And if gloves had made her “accident-free” — why she didn’t just wear them every time she have to come out? No need of locking in a room 🙂
2. Olaf the Snowman is super, SUPER! 🙂 I strongly believe it is the best Disney’s comic character for ever — better than the Donkey in Shrek, and the Horse in Tangled, and Sid in Ice Age. The big Snow Mech is also very nice, finally a bit of ginger in the sweet story :).
3. It’s all their parents fault. I believe. It’s a classical psychological story, when a pushed away child desperately tries to be accepted.
4. If Anna already knows about the magic, why not to tell her about the accident in the past?
Nevertheless, I have found the moral conclusion of the movie quite good: speak with others and be able to regret. Everything would have been nicer if producers had paid more attention to logic and had created more original faces.
Yesterday I tried to watch Frozen (I hoped to have a nice evening), but I could get through only about 40 minuts — and then I gave up. I don’t know if I am too old for such movies, but this first fragment is a complete nonsense. Let’s have a closer look.
1. The first scene, when workers cut ice. The picture is nice, the song is nice, but what they are doing for?
2. I suppose the parents of Elsa and Anna to be a king and a queen. They are rich, they live in a big castle, but they have no slaves, no friends, nobody. They have no sense of safety, too. Elsa has some potentially dangerous magical abilities. What’s more, the sisters are about 5-6 years old — and the parents allow them to play completely alone. Would you leave your children without any supervising, if you know one of them carries a bomb with itself, metaphorically speaking? The accident is just a matter of time.
3. The gnome king cures Anna, but why she have to forget about magic?
4. The gnome king also bewares the parents about growing up Elsa’s power, and now the parents are double, triple-thoughtless. “Och, let’s reduce staff and lock Elsa in a room for ever end ever end ever, it’ll teach her to control herself” (the quotation is not exact, but the sense is the same). How a little girl is supposed to be able to understand what to do? The parents don’t think about real teaching Elsa, which would be doubtlessly more effective. Let’s imagine Elsa can not freeze, but fire… They just breed a domesticated tiger who one day bites off their heads.
5. The parents don’t explain the situation to Anna letting her suffer and burdening Elsa with the sister’s suffer. Anna is still allowed to stay without any supervising — it’s a miracle she hasn’t killed herself with a bike!
6. Elsa is running away after the incident in a dance hall. Let’s remember — she is running on two her feet, so she couldn’t get to far. Anna immediately wants to find her and ride on a horse — and as far as I know, she searches Elsa for 1/3 of the whole movie time. WTF?? She could just run after her and so it would be done.
And faces… I have a very strong feeling that guys who make 3D models in Disney have just created a set of such models and use them in every movie (changing just hair/eyes/clothes). Characters look like in Tangled and move in exactly the same way.
Nevertheless, I liked songs (especially the first song and then Anna’s song about a snowman) and all these frozen effects, so the movie isn’t such bad 🙂
After watching An Inconvenient Truth I feel really depressed. For those who don’t know what the movie is about — during two hours a guy (probably a famous person, but I have never heard about him) demonstrate us our terrible influence on the ecological system. Air is polluted, glaciers are melting before our eyes, polar bears are sinking because of lack of ice-blocks. It’s terrible. I think everybody who has watched the film wants to prevent future very sad aftermatch.
BUT WHAT THE HELL HE EXPECTS ME TO DO??? Should I create new glaciers in my refrigerator? Should I stop using my own car which I have never had? Should I stop breathing not to create CO2 which pollutes air and causes a greenhouse effect? Everything he talked about should be prevent by governments, not usual people.
And all we will die. As dinosaurs died. As Ancient Roma died. I am not afraid of an instant death, I am afraid of a long process of dying, of next Chernobyl, of next war. But using this guy’s logical way I can draw a conclusion that it would be better if mankind had never appeared, because it could keep the ecological system in primeval state. But as far as I know the way of changing is the proper way of developing, so when we all die maybe new inhabitants will appear and will cause new ecological catastrophe — just to clean our planet for a regular time.